We will help you through a broad range of transactions: Residential purchases and sales; mortgages and refinancing; commercial and recreational properties; commercial leasing and business properties.
If you are buying or selling real estate, or refinancing your existing mortgage, you will need legal representation. Your lawyer can guide you through the many steps of the transaction, including:
- Reviewing an agreement of purchase and sale
- Drafting an agreement of purchase and sale in a private transaction
- Reviewing a condominium Status Certificate or Disclosure Certificate
- Conducting title searches and due-diligence searches
- Ensuring that you are purchasing good title, free and clear of adverse claims
- Ensuring the proper adjustments are made for pro-rated property expenses such as taxes and maintenance costs
- Conducting the work required to facilitate your purchase-mortgage or arrange for the discharge of your mortgage on a sale
- Facilitate the purchase of title insurance if necessary
- Preparing the documents necessary to properly transfer title and register your mortgage
- Registration of documents on the Teraview and E-Reg systems
- Calculate and apply Land Transfer Tax and LTT rebates
In a commercial transaction we conduct further business-related due diligence searches and we make sure the appropriate steps and documents are prepared in this context. We can advise and address tax issues such as the proper application and reporting of Harmonized Sales Tax. We will ensure the real estate transaction is properly addressed in a broader business sale.
We provide support to estates administration with the preparation and registration of Transmission Applications, Survivorship Applications, Transfers to Beneficiaries, Transfers by Personal Representative, First Dealings in Land Titles, executions searches and so on.
Simon Valleau has many years of experience in this field. Unlike some ‘factory’ operations in this field, you can expect to be able to connect with Simon when needed and that he will be able to review your concerns and questions with you. Simon prides himself on directly assisting his clients. At the same time, he is supported by a professional team in the management of his real estate practice. Our office is notably efficient in processing our transactions.
If you are considering a real estate transaction or need a lawyer in this field, you should feel free to contact any of our lawyers to connect with the expertise and experience available at our firm.